#vanlife; Michigan to Tennessee

{michigan}

nothing of significance to report, other than that the border guard granted me great freedom by not asking the length of my stay....

{ohio}

ugh..  three hours in a cricket mobile shop in Defiance getting my phone wiped of all photos/apps/contacts/everything.  Eventually left with a functional phone - but no numbers to call, no addresses to search, no apps on which to search them.. awesome..

{indiana}

Indiana started by having the nerve to full-on blizzard, but thankfully that passed quickly and thanks to my old-fashioned/OCD notes, I was able to navigate my way to Chris & Lauren's in Indianapolis for the night with them.  Chris's technical expertise reunited my phone with my people, while Lauren & I greatly enjoyed reminiscing over 80's-babies mixed-print fashion statements & dad's in short-shorts through a collection of super-vintage film prints; fantastic.  After a night at their place, Lauren's parents joined us for brunch featuring Chris' incredible biscuits and gravy.

{kentucky}

Made it into Louisville in time for an afternoon gospel meeting, then had a scenic evening drive across to Lexington for the evening with Dorothy & Emmy.  A great evening with them, and then an early morning drive to Georgetown to pick up my truck fridge.  I lucked out by getting a refurbished fridge at a discounted price, and after a bit of a wait was very relieved when it slid perfectly into my cabinet!  For lunch I headed back into Lexington to meet D & E for african fare and a quick walk around the city.   South of Lexington I stopped in Corbin at the original Coronel Sanders cafe for a quick KFC-history lesson.. lots more to see in Kentucky when it's a bit warmer!  

... & then there was ice cream!!! (not quite.. still need power..)
Sander's Cafe; Corbin, Kentucky
{tennessee}

After a scenic hill-country drive, I arrived in Knoxville in time for a look around the convention grounds and a delicious dinner with Marjorie & Laurell at Ann & Alda's home.  I spent the evening with them, then Marjorie, Laurell & I went for a hike up House Mountain in the morning.  It was a great day for a nice hike, but I finished it off by closing the car door on my phone as we were leaving which completely shattered the screen and left me feeling rather exasperated with my luck.  We continued on with our plans to meet some other ladies for a birthday-lunch, then had an afternoon stop at the mall phone-repair shop.  Fortunately they were able to fix the screen quickly & no other damage was done, so I left hoping that I could break the streak and return to having a functioning phone.  I said farewell to M & L there, and headed south to Chattanooga where I met Thea for a great visit & dinner.  She was very sweet and even gave me a plate of fresh-baked cookies for the road!  I spent my first night in my van on the south side of Chattanooga & it was fantastic; I had a great sleep on my comfy bed, and the temperature was just right for camping out.. success!!

View from House Mountain, Tennessee
{georgia}

I spent all of twenty minutes passing through the northwest corner of Georgia, before my adventure in Alabama began!!  With the warmer temperatures I slowed down the rate of decent a bit to take in the scenery & explore..

J.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#vanlife; Southern Colorado & Northern Arizona

#vanlife; Idaho, Wyoming & Montana

#vanlife; Texas pt. 2