Canada; Quispamsis, New Brunswick to Lynden, Ontario

Week 8:
My favourite part... I thoroughly enjoyed the town of Trois Rivière
Miles... 1063 

Day 47: Quispamsis, NB to Fredericton, NB
79 miles 
Not feeling too great this morning so I got off to a slow start, but I still made it up the stairs to church. After church a few stayed for a delicious lunch, although I was really wishing I felt better. I capped off the afternoon with a sunny nap on the patio hammock, then packed up and headed to Fredericton. I got into my friend C's around 6 for dinner and the evening with her...
Hammock naps..

Day 48: Fredericton, NB to Trois Rivière, QC
465 miles 
Today got off to an early start with a trip to see what downtown Fredericton has to offer.  From there I hit the road and headed homeward, making quite a few stops to rest and  stretch the bum. I stopped for lunch in Grand Falls and by mid-afternoon I found a little beach, the sun was shining, and it was hot... all at the same time! Ten minutes later a dark cloud blew in and let loose so it was rather short lived. Once I had waited out the storm, I rode a couple more hours to Trois Rivière for the night at the hostel there. I checked in around 7 and had a shower, then went for a walk downtown. It felt fantastic to move around a bit and I found some delicious orange gelato with dark chocolate. It was a long day on the bike, maybe my longest yet, but it feels great to have most of my trip behind me and be enjoying a warm summer night on a patio.  At last... 

Grand Falls
Beach view..
Downtown Trois Riviere

Day 49: Trois Rivière, QC to Kingston, ON 
284 miles 
I woke up with the birds for some reason this morning, so after some day dreaming I got my things gathered up and found a little cafe for breakfast.  I left Trois Rivière around 8 and headed west, getting to Montreal for a walk around 9:30. From there I made a couple more stops and finally crossed back into Ontario! Once back in Ontario I made my way to Brockville to visit some friends at their new place. It was hot, a perfect day to finally use my swim suit and cool off in the pool!  After a swim and a game of Catan, I was off to Kingston to spend the evening with a cousin there; she actually has the same bike as me! We had a very nice dinner and evening together and then called it a night.. 

Day 50: Kingston, ON to Lynden, ON 
235 miles 
I slept in a little this morning and then had a lovely breakfast and chat with my cousin.  Once I was packed up again, I headed downtown around 9:30 to check out a good friends store, Hip Kids... Such a great spot! After a nice visit with her, I hit the road again towards Courtice where I stopped off to see my old stomping grounds and a couple of friends; was nice to be back in such a familiar place and see them again! After a visit and some lunch, I headed out across Toronto. I was just getting into the chaos of Toronto traffic when there was a crash about 4 cars ahead of me. It's easy to forget just how busy Toronto is, especially when you've embraced the east coast pace of life! It was borderline stifling hot, but I won't complain since I placed a special request for it.  I got home around 4:30, just in time for dinner with my family!  Home again home again, jiggity jog.. 

Time to go home..
... & that concludes my east coast trip!! I've brought such amazing memories home with me and I look forward to going back again! A huge thanks to every single person who made my trip so special, and all the prayers that got me home safely!! 

Days: 50
Kilometers: 10,548
Ferries: 10
Photos: 2191

J. 
Design Life.  Inspire Wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#vanlife; Southern Colorado & Northern Arizona

#vanlife; Idaho, Wyoming & Montana

#vanlife; Texas pt. 2